Re: unstable XORG upgrade ..

On 13/04/06, alan bonard <adam.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I wish to confirm reports of teething problems by recent posters.
I'm running unstable and carried out my usual upgrade and dist-upgrade,
noticing xserver would be removed and many xorg modules installed.

On reboot, I had no xserver - big problem with key documents on AbiWord.

On ' apt-get install xserver-org' I had X up again but cannot open any X based apps
(AbiW, Epiphany) and it is unstable with gnome terminals from other workspaces
continually cycling through whichever one I have selected.

Out of curiosity, are you running KDE? Are these applications you speak of using GTK? I know that I had problems with GTK in KDE. Once I upgraded to the latest xserver-xorg-core package, the problem resolved itself. If indeed this is the case for you, you aren't the only one.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.