Re: undesired Volume icons on Gnome desktop

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 04:45:02PM +0100, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:15:25 +0100
> Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@mailsnare.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello List,
> >
> > after my daily upgrade on my Etch box,
> > I have two undesired Volume icons (besides my Home icon
> > and the Computer icon) on my desktop:
> > I guess that I have to configure something to avoid
> > their apparence as the `native' volumes do not appaer
> > in sch a way, but I do not know where to look for.
>
> Same problem here. I have an icon for a partition mounted under /mnt,
> but not for /, /boot, and /home.
>
> You can disable the display of these icons by toggling the value of
> the gconf key /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible. The bad news is
> that this will also disable the display of icons representing removable
> media. I have been unable to find a way of fine-tuning the behaviour of
> nautilus.

Yeah, I've seen this too. In my case, anything that is mounted from my
second hard disk appears. Seems like a bug somewhere to me.

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a