Re: Circular Dependency

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 14:51 -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> Is it possible for a Debian Package to have a circular dependency?
>
> I tried installing the latest stable Debian packages for Eclipse.
> Synaptic told me that eclipse-jdt depended on eclipse-jdt-common, and
> that eclipse-jdt-common depended on eclipse-jdt.
> Is this possible? Is it a problem with the packages themselves?

Why not install both of them at the same time?  From the command
line:

# apt-get install eclipse-jdt-common eclipse-jdt

> If so, how do I let the package maintainer know?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Yes, indeed, C isn't 'trendy' enough in the same way gas
lighting isn't trendy enough: it's dangerous and it's completely
obsolete."
http://developers.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=91653&cid=7893882