Re: dell partition cp/m ctos

L.V.Gandhi wrote:
On 4/13/06, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
I did, but I removed the second and third partitions, repartitioned that
part of the disk into two parititions and installed Windows on the first
one and Linux in the second one. Debian Unstable. It was a Dell Inspiron
5160.
Thanks for the response. This laptop didn't come with OS recovery CD.
further I as mentioned somewhere I searched OS recovery CD Making
utility. That is also not there. That is my problem after deleting how
to install windows back.
I think the third partition is norton ghost backup of System. Is there
any way to back up and restore method of this partition or create
windows recovery cd before I delete and install debian?

My daughter has just bought an Inspiron 610, while she wouldn't let me install linux on it, I booted up Knoppix and copied the first and third partition to my linux box via the network and made a backup dvd of these. Also need to back up the MBR as the bootloader controls the recovery procedure.

I found the following link useful http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/fixes.htm.

HTH

Wackojacko

L.V.Gandhi