Help with Hardware {Not Debian Specific}

My machine has twin WD1600JS SATA RAID hard drives. I have them setup to mirror each other, but I find them unreliable and I suspect heat trouble because they get really hot to the touch. They are not installed in a server {which is strange} and there is no room to install most of the hard drive cooling kits I see. I was wondering if anyone had any advice. At the moment, I'm contemplating "kitbashing" a cooling kit of my own using some computer fans and a kind of rig to hold them in place, but better options would be greatly appreciated.

Love & Friendship & Blessed Be!
Lynn Erika Kilroy