Re: Alsamixer: no master volume

--- Benjam・瘢雹Villoslada <benjami@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The master volume control doesn't appears in
> alsamixer.  I only see
>
> - Headphones
> - PCM
> - Capture
> - Input So
> - Mux
>
> I can ear sound.  In kmixer I can modify the volume
> with the heaphones slicer,
> but in programs such as XMMS your volume control
> doesn't works.  Kradio
> doesn't works (log says
> ォAlsaSound::readPlaybackMixerVolume: error
while
> reading volume from hwplug:0,0サ).
>
> Some experience with this volume issue?  Thanks :)

Sounds like a variant of a common problem on some
hardware where the master volume and headphone volume
settings are swapped. Intel cards, especially modules
built-in to motherboards, seem to be prone to it.

You might want to take a look at the possible module
options for your alsa driver -- there might be a
combination of options that solve this for you and
make it behave the way it's supposed to.

HTH

Mark