Re: Sid: Nvidia kernel 1.0.8756-2

Apparently, _Curt Howland_, on 04/11/2006 03:07 PM,typed:

Hi. Up to date Sid, today's upgrade to nvidia-kernel 1.0.8756-2 has not gone well. Glad that I can fall back on the "nv" driver and at least have a working system, if not hardware accelerated.

The error in /var/log/Xorg.0.log is "no compatible displays found".

My GeForce FX Go5600 doesn't show up on the list of incompatible cards, however.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Curt-

I guess this might be related. I tried to upgrade a Debian Inspiron 5160 running 2.6.16 yesterday and saw xorg 7.0 had arrived. However, I cannot upgrade to it since nvidia-glx 1.0.8756 probably is causing some problem. Using dist-upgrade option, I see that it needs to be uninstalled. I do not have the laptop near me now and cannot give exact details. I will try to see how it goes later tonight.

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,if any, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience but this is to reduce spam.)