Re: kernel 2.4.27

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 17:17 -0500, lostson wrote:
>  I am using debian testing and am itching to install kernel 2.4.27.

2.4.32 is the latest.  2.4.27 is 19 months old.

> Will this pose any problems because im using the testing branch ??

Itching to install a 2.4 kernel???  It's been 5 years since I
really itched to install a 2.4 kernel.  Why not a 2.6 kernel?
Do you have antique non-x86 hardware?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Why jobs are being out-sourced to 2nd & 3rd world nations: Unions
and Liberalism.
Unions for a general raising of wages, and Liberalism for the
creation of The Nanny State, which creates a *relatively* high
minimum wage, and *lots* of well meaning regulations that drive
up employment costs.
Lastly, Unions, Liberalism and it's offspring "the Me Generation"
have destroyed the educational system, at the same time that 2nd
& 3rd world nations are pumping out millions of highly educated
people who can live like princes on a fraction of US or Western
European wages.