Re: DHCP not working

One interface is a Marvell 88e1115 PHY (PCI), the other is 88e8053 (PCIe). I don't know what modules to load; it doesn't say in the manual and my Google search turned up nothing useful.

On 4/12/06, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
Strake wrote:
> Hi all,
> I recently installed a new motherboard (an MSI K8N Diamond Plus) in my
> PC, and now DHCP fails to autoconfigure the network during installation
> of Debian 3.1. This is weird, because not only has Debian 3.1
> successfully used DHCP to configure the network on previous occasions
> (with everything identical except the MB, which was a Tyan Tomcat K8E)
> the network also works great with the Gentoo Installation LiveCD. I even
> tried copying network configuration from the Gentoo CD to Debian, but to
> no avail. (I tried using both network interfaces on the MB as well;
> neither worked). The Debian 3.1 box in the next room can connect fine
> (same router, same modem).
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated; i can barely live without the
> network :)
>
> --
> Registered Linux User #392061
> counter.li.org <http://counter.li.org>
> ----------------------------------
> "[The screen]'s blue with white writing. You know what that means."
> -Me, referring to da Big Bad BSOD

Did you happen to ensure that the modules for your new board are loaded?
I know that some Tyan boards use the tg3 driver and others the intel
driver, and so on.  Changing boards could have changed your NIC chipset.
Also, you will probably want to check the modules for your AGP/IDE/etc
as well.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez