DHCP not working

Hi all,
I recently installed a new motherboard (an MSI K8N Diamond Plus) in my PC, and now DHCP fails to autoconfigure the network during installation of Debian 3.1. This is weird, because not only has Debian 3.1 successfully used DHCP to configure the network on previous occasions (with everything identical except the MB, which was a Tyan Tomcat K8E) the network also works great with the Gentoo Installation LiveCD. I even tried copying network configuration from the Gentoo CD to Debian, but to no avail. (I tried using both network interfaces on the MB as well; neither worked). The Debian 3.1 box in the next room can connect fine (same router, same modem).

Any help would be greatly appreciated; i can barely live without the network :)

--
Registered Linux User #392061
counter.li.org