Re: Could not start kdeinit ... again !

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 06:01:19PM +0100, Bruno wrote:
> > Bruno wrote:
> > > Hello to All,
> > >
> > > still receive 'could not start kdeinit. please check your installation' when
> > > calling startx.
> >

> Hi All,
> I have indeed the following error in .xsession-errors file:

> kdeinit: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined symbol:
> FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden
> startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.

well I'm using sid, so check your own stuff, but:

apt-cache show kdebase-bin | grep Depends

... libxft2 (> 2.1.1) ...

apt-cache policy libxft2

Installed: 2.1.8.2-5.1

so in my system it should work fine, what does yours say?

IOW, looks like you've got a mismatched version. kde is trying to call
something form libxft and its not there.

I think.

my .02, ymmv etc.