Re: ssh/xterm/bash weirdness ... seeking for explanation

Stefan Bellon wrote:

[resizing trouble]

> I'm somewhat puzzled what setting may cause this difference in
> behaviour. Can anybody shed light on this, please? TIA!

Ok, I have debugged it a little bit further. When I strace the forked
sshd I notice that the ioctl(..., TIOCSWINSZ, ...) is correctly
happening.

Then I looked at blocked signals with "ps s" and noticed that on the
machines where resizing does not work, SIGWINCH is indeed blocked for
half of the deamons started during booting via /etc/init.d/rc. For the
other daemons, the signal is not blocked. On those machines where
resizing works, SIGWINCH is not blocked for any daemons (and especially
not for sshd).

I'm not sure where to look now. Is there any setting that can influence
this? /etc/init.d/rc is started directly from init. And I haven't found
anything obvious from looking at /etc/init.d/rc and a few of the
startup scripts inside /etc/init.d/.

Does anybody have further ideas?

--
Stefan Bellon