Re:Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

>sanchez@mytrashmail.com wrote:
>
>>Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?
>>

>Because that is how the word should be spelled. A more appropriate
>question would have been "Why do people in  the US omit the all
>important "u" from the word colour?"
>
>It *is* our language, old chap. English I mean. You can think of the
>"UK" version, as you put it (ignoring the fact that the UK has many
>speakers of Welsh and many variations of Gaelic), as the mother tongue.
>
>Many similarly themed questions could be pitched in here...
>
>Why have our transatlantic cousins chosen to bastardise (or bastardize
>if you're illiterate) the word "theatre"?
>
>Why is "utilise" (or "utilize" if the mother tongue isn't your thing) -
>surely the ugliest word in the English language, wherever you learned it
>- in such widespread use?
>

>And more important than any of the above. Why are you posting such off
>topic dross to a linux mailing list when there are many far more
>suitable and forums on which to ask?
>
>***Is it because you're stupid? Probably not. Even the ability to punctuate
>a sentence will generally preclude that these days.***

No I'm not stupid...not with the computer subject anyways...

>***Is it because you're trying to get a rise (a yank phrase if ever there
>was one) out of the list community? This seems more likely with such a
>boring, no-personal-effort-on-your-part question.***

Just a bored teen looking for some fun once and a while...and of course there's always one of you who have to be all uptight about it.....

>I don't need an answer.

Put ***s around the items I replied to and put my reply directly below the items....