Re: sound volume not persistent between reboots

Lubos Vrbka wrote:

Rick Reynolds napsal(a):
A few topics similar to this have been recently discussed, and I was
waiting for this particular question to be hit, but it never did (at
least that I saw).

My sound works great.  My only problem is that the settings I apply to
the Gnome volume control applet don't persist across reboots (although
they do across restarts of X).

I'm guessing there is some alsa-<something> that just needs to be
reconfigured.  Anyone have a pointer for me?
wouldn't just running alsamixer and setting the desired levels solve
this problem?

i recall having the same issue and after installing alsamixer and
running it i don't have the problem any more...

I tried exactly this in the past. Still didn't keep my settings. Although I noticed that the Gnome volume control accurately reflected the changes I made via alsamixer (before reboot, that is).

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom. -- Gandalf