Re: / full?

Alvin Oga wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 02:16:25PM -0400, Chris Parker wrote:
I have filled up the / partition.  a copy of fstab is below:

$/ df -h
/dev/hda1             250M  249M     0 100% /

i think you have extra stuff in /srv or /selinux  or /otherdirectories
including stuff in /mnt or /media even if nothing is mounted there

	- move all your well tree stuff in /home/srv/web-stuff

/bin /lib /sbin /etc is NOT the problem

you can symlink /bin and other directories to /someplace-else
but you have to know what you're doing ... ie.. you have to change
all of the startup scripts and take out all the hardcoded paths to /bin
and /etc and /lib etc..etc
	- it'd probably be too much work for most folks

250M for / is 2x more space than you need and is a good config for /

c ya
alvin

Is it possible to symlink /bin, /etc/, + others into the /home partition? or just use a partitioner to resize the /home? Which has the least impact on the filesystem?
Others have already addressed your options well enough.

You can also try the command: apt-get clean
That always cleans up my root partition....