Re: exim4 question

David Clymer wrote:
On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 06:39 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I use exim4 for MTA and find its config counter-intuitive.

No doubt my intuition finally(?) went haywire.

Questions:

1. How do you tell it to clear the queue and forget about all messages? And where is that queue anyway?

doing this should remove all the messages from your queue (untested):

# for x in `exim4 -bp | awk '/^[0-9]/ { print $3 }'`; do exim4 -Mrm $x; done

exim4 queue stuff should be under /var/spool/exim4

2. How do you tell the thing that when I use mail to a@b.c to use smtp but when crontab runs and my smarthost is d.e, don't try to send mail for root to root@d.e?

Is your smarthost config working otherwise? if so, just alias root to
'real-<your username here>'

It isn't. I want to use mail to send email and also get local crontab stuff.

My update-exim4.conf.conf:

dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
dc_other_hostnames=''
dc_local_interfaces=''