Re: exim4 question

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 06:39 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use exim4 for MTA and find its config counter-intuitive.
>
> No doubt my intuition finally(?) went haywire.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. How do you tell it to clear the queue and forget about all messages?
> And where is that queue anyway?

doing this should remove all the messages from your queue (untested):

# for x in `exim4 -bp | awk '/^[0-9]/ { print $3 }'`; do exim4 -Mrm $x; done

exim4 queue stuff should be under /var/spool/exim4

> 2. How do you tell the thing that when I use mail to a@b.c to use smtp
> but when crontab runs and my smarthost is d.e, don't try to send mail
> for root to root@d.e?

Is your smarthost config working otherwise? if so, just alias root to
'real-<your username here>'

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg