Re: thunderbird -> kmail

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
Hi
I am considering shifting from thunderbird to kmail . I have tried kmail but could not figure out couple of things. I am wondering if kmail has support for the following things?

1) Reply to list support
In thunderbird, It is either Reply or Reply to All. Does kmail do a better job in this regard or is it as lame as thunderbird?

I use version 1.5 (20051025) and you can reply to sender only, reply to newsgroup, reply to all. Lame allright. How would unlame be?

2) Using other editors
I would like to use vim or gvim to compose my emails. Currently thunderbird does not have any facility to use a custom editor. Does kmail have this feature?

3) Thread support
Is it possible to sort the messages by threads instead of date/sender etc., This is possible in thunderbird. But I could not figure out how to do this in kmail.

4) Spam and Junk mail control
Thunderbird has very good support in terms of spam filtering. It can even adapt its spam filters as time goes on. How good is kmail in terms of spam filtering? I am not planning to use spamassassin etc., I am looking for in-built spam controls.

Now before any one jumps in and says to use mutt, I am considering only graphical clients and one which integrates well with other PIM stuff like konqueror, kaddressbook, korganizer etc., So mutt is out of question. I have only KDE and there is no gnome. So Evolution is out of question.

Using Debian KDE 3.5.2

thanks
raju