Re: gnome: switch workspaces via command line?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 16:11 -0400, Rick Reynolds wrote:
More of a gnome question, but I've seen those posted to the list before...

Is there a way to control the workspace switcher from the command line? I'd like to have a tool that would essentially let me do:

gnome-switching-tool --switch-to-right-workspace

and

gnome-switching-tool --switch-to-left-workspace

I'm aware of 3ddesk and use it in this fashion. I'd like to find a gnome-only alternative tool.

There already are keyboard shortcuts to do this.

Desktop->Preferences->"Keyboard Shortcuts"

Yes.  I'm aware of that also.  Still wanting a command-line tool.

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom. -- Gandalf