Re: packages meltdown

On Friday 07 April 2006 08:47, Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much) wrote:

> I've come to dislike udev enough to disable it on my Sarge system by
> removing execute permissions from udev and udev-mtab in /etc/init.d/. I
> first booted into kernel 2.4.27 so that udev wouldn't be loaded (because
> you can't disable udev while you're using udev).
>
> I don't need udev because all of the device nodes I need are in place on
> the filesystem.
What a great Idea! I just removed udev from my Sarge system, but that
prevented me from upgrading to later debian kernels via the apt-get update
route.

This is a marvelous idea!  I can take udev in and then kill it silently
stealthily and the packaging system will be none the wiser!!!

Great IDEA! I hate UDEV!

THANKS!

Mitchell