Re: How can I delete Evolution?

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 07:29:28PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> * Eugen Rahaian <eugenrn@hotmail.com> [060409 17:52]:
>
> > I have a package dependency problems when I want to delete Evolution. It
> > depends on gnome-desktop-environment which also depends on gnome package.
> >
> > So, if I delete Evolution, gnome-desktop-environment is broken.
> >
> > What can I do to remove Evolution ? ( I use Debian etch).
>
> gnome-desktop-environment is just a so called meta-package:  An empty
> package depending on other packages, to make it easy for you to install
> a group of packages.
>
> Since it's empty it's not a big problem, if it's removed while
> deinstalling evolution.  The only drawback I could think of, that if
> future upgrades of gnome-desktop-environment would install additional
> packages, they won't be installed.
>
> You could however use equivs.

Hi *,
after a converstaion on #debian, I found out info about these
meta-packages:
gnome > gnome-desktop-environment > gnome-core and

gnome-desktop-environment has a dependency for evolution.

So you can remove gnome-desktop-environment, install gnome-core and just
remember to add stuff that gnome-core does not have that you want to
keep up to date.

Cheers,
Kev