Re: Is it possible to simply copy the kernel from one machine to another and use it?

Yu,Glen [Ontario] wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible to copy the vmlinuz-x.y.z from one
machine to another and have the other machine run properly with it.

[snip]

This will not, in general, work. You need loaded modules, and the
initial RAM disc.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.