AudioCD mount kernel 2.6.16-1

Hi all.
I'm running a Kernel 2.6.16-1, and i've this problem:
I'm not able to play audiocd! :-(

Before upgrade kernel i remember there was not problem.
Now, if i insert audiocd, dmseg tell me something like:
 hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
 hdc: command error: error=0x51 { IllegalLengthIndication LastFailedSense=0x05 }
 ide: failed opcode was: unknown
 end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 64
 isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdc, iso_blknum=16, block=16

..and if i try to mount it:
 mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

Yes, i know:
- it is not possible to mount audiocd as normal cd (iso9660), and i've read somewhere that
- i need the cdfs-src package,
but in any repository i'm looking for i'm not able to found the right one for my kernel.
So:
- i've download the souce and then with module-assistant
- modprobe cdfs (all right)

But dmesg (same error!!):
 cdfs 2.6.12 loaded (loaded!).
 hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
 hdc: command error: error=0x51 { IllegalLengthIndication LastFailedSense=0x05 }
 ide: failed opcode was: unknown
 end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 64
 isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdc, iso_blknum=16, block=16

Can anyone help me? A world without music is like a world without...opensource!!
Thanks