Re: cdrecord + udev

Christopher Nelson wrote:
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 05:29:16PM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

On Sarge, before installing udev to be able to run 2.6.16 I invoked cdrecord with dev=ATAPI:0,1,0 and all was well.

However after udev that does not work anymore. Now cdrecord -scanbus gives:

Linux sg driver version: 3.5.33
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'ATA     ' 'WDC WD800JD-60LU' '07.0' Disk
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

Entry 0,0,0 is the SATA drive. Where is the CDrom drive? I can mount it and look at things on the CD.

Anybody with udev know the answer?

Just a thought: have you tried using the device name, eg.
dev=/dev/<device> ?

I did, and that produces a message from cdrecord that specifying devices is not supported.

This is what happened:

1. introducing udev brought about a change in the transport layer identification from ATAPI:0,1,0 to ATA:1,1,0. I found this by cdrecord dev=help and cdrevord -scanbus dev=ATA. The previously posted -scanbus w/o dev always produced the posted result.

2. I realize that I haven't got a clue as to what cdrecord actually does. But thank you Joerg Schilling for the code and I heard that there are Debian issues.

I googled and found nothing, meaning this is my problem?