Re: How can I check that my RAID/LVM drives are really working?

I have insured there is limited activity and no users on the machine and
pulled the main HDD out. ONLY do this if the HDD's are hot-swapable.

It is the roughest test you can do on a RAID system. BUT if it fails over
to the second drive; test one passes.
IF after some time passes and activity make changes to that drive, slap the
first one back in. IF it sense the drive and starts syncing it; test two
passed.

Your RAID system works as advertised.

Why to I do it that way? When it comes to H/W driven devices and events I
don't trust what s/w says.