Re: Debian security.

Surachai Locharoen wrote:

> Is there any body guarantee debian security. I want to install debian as
> my server instead of redhat as3 server which just attack by Phishing.
>
> Kan
Nope no guaranties! But you won't get such guaranties from ANY other os
supplier either.
Security of software is much more dependant on the systems architect and
sysadmin than the software itself. A knowledgable person can secure almost
any software and a moron can mess up everything.

Debian is a very flexible distro which will allow you a lot of control over
your environment with relative ease. YOU and your decisions and strategy
determines the level of safety ultimately achieved.

Best regards
Jan
--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g