Re: lists.debian.org vs google groups

At 1144019509 past the epoch, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> But If I look into my gmail spam folder, most of the spam
> emails are addressed to xxx@lists.debian.org (where xxx
> are the debian lists that I am subscribed to.

Two things:

  what is the proportion of mail received which is NOT spam,
  debian-list mail vs. your other mail?  Many of these lists
  are high traffic and you are comparing  absolutes  if  you
  only consider the spam figure.

  Secondly, if these spams are already in  your  gmail  spam
  folder, what's the problem?  For  most  people,  the  spam
  "problem" is the stuff they _can't catch_.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/