Re: wpasupplicant_0.4.8-1 problem

On 4/2/06, Michael Ott <michael@zolnott.de> wrote:
> Hello!
> Yepp! I think that the delete from /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf is an small
> misfortune but in the default file you can set the path using the config
> variable.
>
> I copy the config file back from dpkg-bak and set in following new
> parameter in /etc/networking/interface:
> wpa_conf /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> restart networking and it works again. If you use netenv maybe you have
> to set networking on the NETENV_RUN_INIT_SCRIPTS parameter. This is what
> i have to do. More see here: http://www.zolnott.de/laptop/ibm-t43-uc34nge.html
> topic wlan
Thanks for the response. I added that line in
/etc/networking/interface and copied  dpkg-bak  for
wpa_supplicant.conf. Still it is not working. Home net has wep. It is
in wpa_supplicant.conf. But it is not getting connected. The site you
mentioned says wep is put in  /etc/networking/interface file. Hence
for wep, should i think wpa_supplicant.conf is not useful. whether
your system has wep? How do you handle it?
--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/