Re: CD burning program

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Michael Marsh wrote:

Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 14:55:20 -0400
From: Michael Marsh <michael.a.marsh@gmail.com>
To: Andreas Tscharner <andy@vis.ethz.ch>
Subject: Re: CD burning program

On 4/2/06, Andreas Tscharner <andy@vis.ethz.ch> wrote:
I used to use gcombust for bruning my CDs. Now this program is gone from
Debian unstable and I wanted to ask which program you use for CD burning.

I use WindowMaker as window manager and neither KDE nor GNOME so I
prefer one that does not depend on KDE or GNOME libs.

I use cdrecord.  It's a command-line utility, and has very few
dependencies.  I believe many of the graphical burners use it as a

Michael A. Marsh

Yes, cdrecord is what you need. I'm also a Windowmaker user and the commandline utility is great. Just apt cdrecord and mkisofs to begin with.

I think you need to install it as suid root or whatever to be able to burn as user.

(Albert Einstein)