WebDAV apache2

I'm attempting to install webDAV on a Sarge box with Apache2. I've
enabled DAV via my sites-enabled with the following syntax:

	                Alias /~steve123 /home/steve123/public_html
			<Location /~steve123>
			 DAV On
			 AuthType Digest
			 AuthName "webdav-public_html"
			AuthDigestFile /home/steve123/digest-password
		        Require valid-user

It works in the sense that I can log via a DAV client, however I cannot
add or delete anything. I've tried this with two clients, cadaver and
Dreamweaver 8.

Does anyone have an idea of where, I set the permissions, in order for WebDAV to work in terms of being able to delete and add ?

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list, so "cc's" are appreciated.
Awash with unfocused desire, Everett twisted the lobe of his one remaining
ear and felt the presence of somebody else behind him, which caused terror
to push through his nervous system like a flash flood roaring down the
mid-fork of the Feather River before the completion of the Oroville Dam
in 1959.
		-- Grand Panjandrum's Special Award, 1984 Bulwer-Lytton
		   bad fiction contest.