Re: Incredibly slow to boot - any ideas?

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:59:54 +0100 (BST)
N.Pauli <npauli@st-johns.org.uk> wrote:
[...]
> Capabilities:
>         LBA, IORDY(can be disabled)
>         Queue depth: 1
>         Standby timer values: spec'd by Standard, no device specific minimum
>         R/W multiple sector transfer: Max = 16  Current = 0
[...]

well you might try setting for multiple sector transfer with

hdparm -m16 /dev/hda

Its supposed to help, though frankly, on my newer drives its not made a significant difference. Does seem to help on some older slwoer drives though.

just do your

hdparm -tT /dev/hda

before and after the change to note any differences.