Re: Help with iptables

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:56:48 +0800
"Jon  Miller" <jlmiller@mmtnetworks.com.au> wrote:

> I'm trying to construct a set of rules that would allow udp ports
> 5060, 7824, 49152:65535 6000:6004 to come in as well as go out.  It
> is my understanding that these packets needs to be able to have an
> open port both incoming and outgoing.  What I'm looking for is the
> iptables rule to allow these ports in.  The external interface is on
> eth1 and the internal (LAN) is on eth0.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

If you are looking for an entire firewall I would recommend
http://homelansecurity.sourceforge.net/.  (Some of the links have an
extra "/" in them, you may have to remove it to get the info).  If you
don't want the whole firewall then just open the script and find the
port forwarding rules.  You can easily modify them from there.

Good luck!

--
Travis Crook
Visions Beyond