RE: Very new server and support hardware

Hi,

I just installed Debian Sarge on that same Econel50 some weeks ago. There is no way to use the onboard "RAID" as an "hardware RAID" (it's not really that anyway), but you can at least use the disks for software RAID, here's how:

Goto BIOS -> advanced -> peripherical configuration -> ATA controller config -> S-ATA Mode and switch that to "Native",
then boot your Debian Installer CD and select Kernel 2.6 at bootprompt.

Go on as you normally would, the harddisks should be there for partitioning. Before the system wants to reboot, switch to second console and enter the modules libata, ata_piix and ahci in /etc/mkinitrd/modules. reboot and the system should come up as normal from harddisk, at least it worked for me.

good luck!

Erik