Re: Continue my sb 16 problem: how to autoload module compiled separately

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 07:42:47PM -0800, Serena Cantor wrote:
> The stock kernel of sarge does not work with my sb16,
> so compile 2.4.27 and use it and it works:
>
> modprobe sound
> insmod uart401
> cd /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/sound
> insmod -f ./sb_lib.o
> insmod -f ./sb.o io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5
>
> My question is how auto-load them so I don't have to
> type these commands.

You can load modules on boot by placing their names in /etc/modules.

You can set options for modules by adding a file to /etc/modprobe.d
containing a line like:

  options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5

However, do look into alsa.  With your sb card, it should be possible
simply to install the alsa packages, including alsa-utils, and run 'sudo
alsaconf' to get everything working.  (You will first have to ensure
that the OSS sound modules mentioned above are not loaded).