Re: CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 09:21 -0500, Hornsby, Tim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My SysKonnect driver for the CDDI hardware stop working with the new Debian
> 3.1, with kernel 2.6.8.
>
> It worked with 2.4.27.
>
> I've been told that the new kernel default is 64 bit addressing with
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G set to yes.
>
> Does anyone know if this is true?

Execute this command at the CLI prompt (or Terminal) to see what you are
running:

        grep -A5 -B5 HIGHMEM /boot/config-$(uname -r)

Here is what I got:

        [greg@knight:greg]$ grep -A5 -B5 HIGHMEM /boot/config-$(uname -r)

        #
        # Firmware Drivers
        #
        CONFIG_EDD=m
        # CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM is not set
        CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
        # CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set
        CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
        # CONFIG_HIGHPTE is not set
        # CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION is not set
        CONFIG_MTRR=y
        # CONFIG_EFI is not set
        CONFIG_HAVE_DEC_LOCK=y
        --
        # CONFIG_DEBUG_STACK_USAGE is not set
        # CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB is not set

As you can see, this tells you what you are currently running. And as
you can see, my machine does not have it configured. Here is the output
from uname -r.

        [greg@knight:greg]$ uname -r
        2.6.8-2-k7

And just for the record, please tell us What model CDDI card does this
machine have?

Is it one of these?

        SK-55xx
        SK-58xx
        SK-98xxV1.0

The only one that has downloads from Sys Konnect is the SK-98xxV1.0
CDDI/FDDI cards.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the
National Security Agency may have read this email
without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without
any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse nor protection.