Re: help needed to setup logrotate

> I been trying to get syslog or logrotate to do the job but no luck yet.
> In the dir /etc/logrotate.d I added the file bttrack and in that file I
> placed the lines :
>
> /var/log/bttrack.log {
>         rotate 7
>         daily
>         monthly
          ^^^^^^^ I think your problem is here.  The monthly directive
overrides the daily directive.
>         compress
>         missingok
> }

	Hi Justin,

	I have now  redited the file to:

/var/log/bttrack.log {
        rotate 7
        daily
        compress
        missingok
}

	and run the command : sudo savelog -t bttrack.log
sevral times and it as produced :

bttrack.log
bttrack.log.0
bttrack.log.1.gz
bttrack.log.2.gz
bttrack.log.3.gz
bttrack.log.4.gz
bttrack.log.5.gz
bttrack.log.6.gz

	Now I have deleted the log files from bttrack.log.0 to bttrack.log.6.gz
	and I will wait and see what the daily cron dose at 06:26. As you pointed out
it will be the monthly directive overrides the daily directive I bet.

	Bingo at   06:26  logrotate produced " bttrack.log.1.gz "

	So it looks like the problem have been solved.

	Thanks  Justin for pointing the config error out.

	Regards

                   peter colton