Re: Honesty about some exim mistakes

listrcv wrote:
Greg Folkert wrote:
[...] If you
see the beauty of the seperate files for what it is intended to do, its
like magically everything comes into view.

Hm, I don't see it with exim-config. What I see is only a mess of files and two large, unreadable files (template and config), which keep me from setting up Exim4.
[...]

From /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz:

I still don't like it. I want one monolithic file.
------
No problem. Take your file and install it as /etc/exim4/exim4.conf. Exim
will use that file.  /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated, the file
generated by update-exim4.conf, is ignored in that case.

HTH
Sumo