Re: Dovecot & Squirrelmail problem (115: Operation now in Progress)

Steve Lamb wrote:
>     When I configure squirrelmail to use plain auth it hangs and eventually
> dovecot times out and closes down the connection.  At that point Squirrelmail
> dutifully tells me that dovecot closed down the connection.

    I was close.  Finally found a page which gave me a clue-by-4 that if I go
plain auth I also have to set the port back to 143.  This worked.  Why
Squirrelmail wasn't working with TLS up on the higher port is beyond me.  The
important point is that my wife can get her email fix.  :D