Re: System works fine, but where's my grub.conf?

Steve Johnson wrote:
> On 3/27/06, Yu,Glen [Ontario] <Glen.Yu@ec.gc.ca> wrote:
> > It's just that, normally, grub.conf should be a symlink to menu.lst
> > (or vice versa?), and I found it odd that I had both on my SuSE
> > system (and they're not symlinked!) while there was no grub.conf for
> > Debian.
>
> I am not familier with SuSe and their way of doing things =), but I
> wonder if grub.conf or menu.lst have some kind of include, that
> includes the other.
>
> Sometimes people can make things more confusing in their attempt to
> make it easier =)

Um, no.  /etc/grub.conf in Suse contains just three lines that have
nothing to do with the boot entries in menu.lst:

    setup --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 (hd0,2) (hd0,2)
    setup --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 (hd0) (hd0,2)
    quit

/boot/grub/menu.lst appears to be the standard place for those boot
entries.

Regards,
S.H.