Re: Broken sendmail

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Steve Johnson wrote:

1) SMTP AUTH/SASL wont authenticate.. Everything looks right, but if I
look at the log files when someone tries to authenticate, it says a
possible SMTP hack has occured. *shrug*

The full message would be very helpful

2) I can't send mail from the local machine.  So if I log into this
box, and try to send mail via mutt or ever directly through sendmail,
it sits in a queue wiht a defered error also says 127.0.0.1 connection
refused, but I can telnet to 127.0.0.1 on this box and hand enter an
e-mail and it sends just fine.  This has something to do with teh
/var/spool/mqueue-client and MSP queue.

Again, I'd like to see why the mail is defered

If anyone has any ideas, or a working debian sendmail.mc, I would
really appreciate your help.

Send me your sendmail.mc, and some of the error messages, and we'll get
you going

--
Rick Nelson
quit   When the quit statement is read, the  bc  processor