Re: 2.6.16-1 ==> 2.6.16-2

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:14:44 +0200
Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

> David Baron wrote:
> > Untarred the -2 onto the linux-source-2.6.16 directory already populated by
> > -1. The make-dpkg showed no compilations per se other than the first few
> > script checks. It then pronounced the image ready, did LDs on the modules
> > (All of them?? Maybe not).
> >
> > Change logs did not state what was changed. Should there have been new
> > compiles or must the thing be "cleaned" each time to update a few pieces or
> > modules?

I usually do make and then make-kpkg. I'm not sure as to the current state of
make-kpkg, it used to work using it directly and then it stopped (ignored
changes to the source tree and just repackaged the already compiled code
again). I don't know where it stands now.

Another possibility BTW is that the code that changed is not part of what you
are using in the kernel, or part of the packaging code (pre/post install
scripts). You'll need to diff to clean trees to find out exactly what changed.