Re: mozilla hangs when playing a wav file

H.S. wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
H.S. wrote:

Hi,

If I click on a wav file link in m-w.com, the sound is not played back
100%; it is clipped at around 60% -- the trailing part never gets
through. Also, once I click on the wav file link, Mozilla hangs. It
appears that the place where the sound gets truncated and when Mozilla
hangs are the same. Can some one suggest how to get wav file links
working in Mozilla without a problem?

<snip>

Where in m-w are those audio files?

Go to m-w.com and search for the meaning of any word (it is an online
dictionary website). The wave file links are given as audio symbols (in
red) beside the pronounciation of the searched word.

So I have Seamonkey 1.0 and clicking on the audio symbol produces no sound. When I select to download the audio file and play it in XMMS, it shows a duration of 1 sec and does nothing.

However... pointing snd, the sound editor at the file does just fine and says the word.

And saying "play xxx.wav" also says the word correctly.

But converting the file to mp3 and playing it with XMMS does zip.

Then changing the program to use with a .wav file in edit->preferences to /usr/bin/play and doing it again I again get nothing when selecting the pronunciation, but the correct complete pronunciation when selecting "Click here to listen with your default audio player."

What does the popup do when it first tries to play the word?