Re: 2.6.16-1-686 header problem?

Curt Howland wrote:

Hi. Up to date Sid, which included 2.6.16 this morning.

I have two packages that I have to build from source, MadWiFi and nVidia kernel drivers.

The MadWiFi driver build system uses something called "modules-assistant", and running it against linux-kernel-headers-2.6.16-1-686 causes an error message several times that the source doesn't seem to have been configured.

The module then fails to run. Same with the nVidia driver, trying to build it gets a slew of errors and fails.

Anyone else having this problem?

On nVidia, see my earlier post if 7* series. There are fixes for the 8* series.

Don't use MadWiFi.