New Madwifi-ng doesn't work

I'm using the 2.6.16-smp kernel on Sid (Please, I beg of you not to go in to the Sid bit. I have heard all of the pros and cons already. Thank you kindly.). I recently upgraded to this kernel and, in so doing, chose to upgrade my madwifi-ng driver. Doing so has rendered it busted (some how).

Well, that some how is the problem. I've tried every trick I know, have re-read howtos, have re-compiled and rebooted and am remaining in a busted state.

I use ifplugd with wpa_supplicant to connect to my wireless network which is secured with wpa. Before I upgraded the driver and after I upgraded the kernel, I had it working (that is, I compiled the modules of the old madwifi-ng driver using the new 2.6.16 kernel.). So, the problem lies in the driver. I upgraded it via svn update.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Good-evening.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.