Re: PATH issues

At 1142931908, ChadDavis wrote:
> I want to know if there's a single place to put PATH admendments that
> will count for everything on my system whether you login via the
> terminal or via gnome.  This seems like a fundamental issue, no?

Not an answer to this  question, but specifically for GNOME: If you are
lunching it via "GDM", then /etc/gdm/gdm.conf contains

# Default path to set.  The profile scripts will likely override this
DefaultPath=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
# Default path for root.  The profile scripts will likely override this
RootPath=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/