Re: backing up a drive

Micha Feigin wrote:

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:46:15 -0600
Mark Petersen <mtp@tilted.com> wrote:

At 03:32 PM 3/20/2006, you wrote:
I want to make an exact backup of a hard drive (copy one drive to another). It ...<snip> ... I have an extra hard disk so I thought to
use that. The new one is larger then the one installed.

Ok, how about just zanking that HDD out, LABELLING IT (You don't want to accidently wipe that program, do you?), putting the new one in, install the new OS, put the HDD in as a slave, copy the data and stuff over, then keeping it out again as a backup?

If anything goes wrong, yank out the new hdd in, and put the old one back in.