Re: Booting fails after moving to another hardware: unable to find root partition

Hi,

unfortunately, the chroot environment was not so helpfull as generating a new
initial ram disk with the standard tool (yaird) relies on the current
environment. And when booting with knoppix, this was almost but not exactly
the same.

But I could solve the issue by building the intial ram disk manually using
gzip + cpio.

Thanks
Reiner