Re: ipw2100 WEP with Debian Unstable

I had to use the newest kernel out there to make a go of it 2.6.15.
something or other.  Also don't forget to download and install the
firmware from sourceforge.  Mandriva's stance towards certain things
is different the Debian's.  Debian is militarily free while Mandriva
is much more liberal about what gets included in its distro.
Mandriva's packages are usually newer than Debian's although Mandriva
has an older version of Gnome than Debian testing does now (I never
thought I'd see that).  Debian's thorough testing and porting results
in packages getting released more slowly than Mandriva or FCx but than
again if you want stability Debian is very nice.  IPW2200 is still
very new I never could get it working in Fedora Core either and they
have fairly new packages.  You can get the kernel 2.6.15.x from
kernel.org