ipw2100 WEP with Debian Unstable

Hey all,

I've been trying to get WEP working with an Intel Centrino ipw2100. I
am using Sid with kernel 2.6.15-1-686. When I try to assign a WEP key
with iwconfig I get the following:

#sudo iwconfig eth1 key 123456
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.

I have tried the built-in kernel modules and the source packages for
ieee80211-modules v.1.1.6-2 and ipw2100-modules v.1.1.3. I would usually go ahead and build the latest modules from upstream, but there doesn't seem to be any bug reports about this issue for the Debian packages which makes me think I'm just missing something.

Has anyone been able to get WEP working with the Debian packaged ipw2100 driver?

Thanks,
--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com