Re: users getting confused between mailing lists and forums? Related ?

debian-user@l.d.o
> when they don't get an answer there, because debian-user has more
> 'powerusers' than forums.debian.net. The audiences of both support
> resources are reasonably separate, because people tend to either
swear
> by forums, or by mailinglists, and not both. For the vast majority of
> questions, that doesn't matter, because on both there are plenty of
> people able answer the those most common type of questions. This is
> about support questions, not about development -- which doesn't take
> place at forums.debian.net.
>
> > If possible, please integrate mailing lists and forums and just
keep one
> > of them so that users for sure will know where to post their
questions.
> > I agree that both have some advantages over the other. But having
just a
> > single place to post question is much much easier than 'deciding
where
> > to post' or 'posting in multiple places'.
>
> I don't think it'd be a good idea to inflict forum posts
automatically
> to the debian-user mailinglist, if only because of the real different
> way of asking questions. Brevity (and lack of information, at times)
of
> forums questions is somewhere in between #debian IRC and
> debian-user@l.d.o, for starters. But also technically, there's a lot
of
> issues. People should post at the place where they feel most
comfortable
> with.
>
> --Jeroen
> forums.debian.net admin

Can someone please explain to me where and how this list (below) fits
into the mix ...i.e.; is it a legitimate site/list ? I don't recall how
this site (while reading linux.debian.user, through google groups)
*seemed* to me to be this actual listserver - but I ended up
subscribing to it, thinking it was necessary to join/post on this list
(linux.debian.user)

This is the list -->> linux-gate-request@lists.bofh.it <<--

The list described above is supposedly "moderated" - which is what I
thought this one (linux.debian.user) was.

I have a few saved bounces and subscription confirmation emails from
that list address - with full headers if necessary -- thanks for
any/all information you can give me about that list based in Italy(?)